RedCrest-Probate is a method of eFiling for Lawyers to prepare a limited number of pre-populated documents and lodge the remaining documents electronically. RedCrest-Probate will take effect from 1 July 2020.
Which documents must be generated in the RedCrest-Probate system?
The RedCrest-Probate system will generate all Originating Motions and Caveats.
Which documents can you still complete in LEAP?
Apart from the Originating Motion and Caveat, all other forms filed with the Probate Office CAN be prepared by you in LEAP and uploaded to the RedCrest-Probate system in PDF format.
In the RedCrest-Probate system, you should answer ‘yes’ when asked if you have already prepared your documents. You will complete some mandatory questions, then upload your pre-prepared documents rather than generating the documents via the system. For example, if you prepared an Inventory of assets/ liabilities in LEAP, you will only need to enter the total value of Victorian assets on the ‘Deceased’s assets and liabilities’ screen within the system.
Why complete applicable documents in LEAP for uploading to RedCrest-Probate?
- Drafts will ONLY remain in the RedCrest-Probate system for 30 days after the date they were last saved. Important information may be lost if you haven’t remembered to go back in to RedCrest and re-save your draft to retain it. RedCrest does not provide an email reminder for you to save your drafts. You may of course need to work on Inventory and Affidavit documents for longer than the 30 day period.
- Some of the documents generated within RedCrest, such as the Affidavit, will be downloadable .docx Word format documents. This will therefore require you to:
– download the document from RedCrest;
– save to your LEAP matter for completion (with no automation from your matter);
– convert to PDF; and
– upload back to the RedCrest-Probate system.
Therefore, for improved efficiency, you can simply:
– complete these documents directly in LEAP (which includes full automation from your matter);
– convert to PDF (as LEAP already has this function availability in your matter); and
– upload the PDF to the RedCrest-Probate system.
- When completing applications within RedCrest-Probate for limited grants and when applying for probate pursuant to leave reserved or rights saved, the Affidavit required to support the application will not be generated by RedCrest-Probate, rather you must complete your Affidavit in LEAP and upload in PDF format.
- Completing information in your LEAP matter (of assets, liabilities etc) provides a full record of your matter data, accessible at any time, and in compliance with record keeping requirements.