As the South Australian Settlement Statement now has the ability to also create a Settlement Reconciliation, the old Settlement Reconciliation (LL-SA-PR-0085) in LEAP has been removed.
To create a Settlement Reconciliation statement, please follow the instructions as below:
- Ensure that your matter has been completed with all relevant data;
- Create a Settlement Statement (LL-SA-PR-0084) and then enter all data for adjustments including any time related items, water usage, miscellaneous items, cheques etc;
- Save your Settlement Statement;
- Duplicate your saved Settlement Statement;
- Rename the saved duplicate copy e.g. Settlement Reconciliation statement – Property ABC;
- Open the renamed document that has been saved in your matter – click Update;
- Choose Settlement Reconciliation on the Settlement Adjustment Sheet ribbon.
Your Settlement Reconciliation statement will populate all relevant data based on matter type (i.e. Sale matter will show commission etc and Purchase matter will show stamp duty etc).
Important note: You will need to complete the relevant options in the Reconciliation section of the Cheque Item dialog. This section works independently from the Document section of the Settlement Statement Cheques dialog and therefore, the relevant Reconciliation options must be chosen in order to populate the Settlement Reconciliation.
- SAVE your Settlement Reconciliation.