The Enduring Power of Attorney (LL-VIC-WPA-046) and General Power of Attorney (LL-VIC-WPA-037) have been extensively re-coded. The forms can be used in the following matter types:
- Power of Attorney
- Will – One Person
- Wills – Two people appointing each other
The forms now include the following features which will reduce the amount of manual manipulation required by you:
- Option to prepare form for Client 1 or Client 2 in your matter (without the requirement to replace references) where two Client cards are entered in your matter;
- Pre-population of Authorisation, Revocation, Commencement, and Conditions or Instructions sections;
- Option for how the Principal is to sign; and
- Option to pre-populate Witness details.
To achieve these changes, it is important that your matter is completed correctly and the necessary table types completed. The Attorney and Alternative Attorney and, where you have two Clients in a matter, the Client 2 Attorney and Client 2 Alternative Attorney, table types must be completed as follows:
Reminder: You can manually edit any section of the forms, by simply placing your cursor on the section to edit, clicking Convert Fields to Text in the LEAP ribbon and manually editing.
Note: all coding is based on Client therefore DO NOT use Wife’s Attorney/Wife’s App Guardian or Husband’s Attorney/Husband’s App Guardian in any of the table types in the 3 matter types.
- Right-click on Client 1
- Select either New Client and enter the new client details; or
- Select Add Client from Cards List and select the client from the cards list window that opens.
Provide feedback for the re-coded forms here (ensuring you provide the relevant precedent code).