LEAP has updated the Client authorisation [LL-FED-GEN-046] in the Conveyancing & Property matter type for all states with advanced automation and more sophisticated coding.
VIC Conveyancing & Property
The following form has been removed from LEAP:
- Pensioner exemption concession declaration – contracts after July 2012 – Form 08F [LL-VIC-SRO-399]
LEAP has added the following new matters:
- Lease – General Advice
- Mortgage – General Advice
New tables, fields, and dates have been added accordingly.
The following new forms have been created:
- File Cover Sheet – Lease General Advice [LL-VIC-GEN-050]
- File Cover Sheet – Mortgage General Advice [LL-VIC-GEN-051]
You can provide feedback on the new matters here.
The following forms have eSignatures included for your assistance should you wish to utilise this feature:
- Client authorisation [LL-FED-GEN-056]
- Contract for sale and purchase of land – Law Society 2019 edition – pages 1-3 [LL-NSW-PRS-705]
- Contract for sale – commercial – page 1 [LL-ACT-PRS-235]
- Contract for sale – residential – pages 1-2 [LL-ACT-PRS-308]
- Contract for sale – 11 August 2006 [LL-NT-PR-0184]
- Contract for sale – 31 July 2019 [LL-NT-PR-0183]
- Vendors Statement Additional Section 32 [LL-VIC-PR-432]
- Vendors Statement Section 32 [LL-VIC-PR-431]
- Vendors statement (section 7) – Form 1 [LL-SA-PR-0073]
- Vendors statement (section 8) – Form 2 [LL-SA-PR-0105]
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for commercial land and buildings [LL-QLD-PR-100]
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for commercial lots in CTS [LL-QLD-PR-271]
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for Houses Land [LL-QLD-PR-101]
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for residential lots in CTS [LL-QLD-PR-102]
- Notice of no pool safety certificate – Form 36 [LL-QLD-PR-270]
These updates will be available in Live on 30 September.
More information is available on requesting and using eSignatures on LEAP Help Centre.
You can submit a request for eSignatures on other LEAP Forms by completing feedback here.
As previously mentioned in earlier communications, we commenced a restructure of matter types in LEAP on 18 August 2021.
We are now in the final stages of the matter type restructure and as part of this last phase, the following matter types will be relocated and/or removed as of 29 September 2021:
- Miscellaneous (will be relocated out from the Other areas of law section)
- ACT Chattel lease (will be removed)
- ACT Units plan (will be removed)
- NSW Building Contracts (as this was a duplicate matter type it will be removed)
If you currently have any custom precedents in these matter types, they will display as “orphan precedents” on 29 September and will not be associated to any particular matter type.
Your custom precedents WILL NOT be deleted due to the relocation or removal of matter types, they will simply require REASSIGNING to the new relevant matter type/location.
HOW TO REASSIGN ORPHAN CUSTOM PRECEDENTS
Search for your custom precedents in the Search bar. Once your custom precedents display in the Search results, drag your custom precedents to the relevant matter type folder on the left-hand side – this will now re-associate your custom precedents to the new target location. All shortcuts will also update automatically with the details of the new target location.
For more information or assistance, start a LiveChat with one of our dedicated HelpDesk consultants.
The following form has been created for the purposes of ARNECC, being a Federal based form and this form has been shortcut to the appropriate locations for each state and territory:
- Identifier Declaration [LL-FED-GEN-059]
The following forms have been replaced by the abovementioned form:
- Identifier declaration [LL-ACT-PR-312]
- Identifier declaration [LL-SA-PR-0078]
The Stewart title brochures and letters in LEAP have been updated (including some new additions) as below: [Read more…] about VIC – Stewart Title forms
The following Australian Taxation Office (ATO) forms have been shortcut into the appropriate locations for each state and territory:
- Foreign resident capital gains withholding clearance certificate application [LL-FED-GEN-039]
- Foreign resident capital gains withholding rate variation application [LL-FED-GEN-038]
- Foreign resident capital gains withholding purchaser payment notification [LL-FED-GEN-040]
The following forms have been relocated to the Conveyancing and Property > Settlement Documents folder for each state and territory:
- Settlement Adjustment Sheet [LL-NSW-PR-686]
- Settlement Adjustment Sheet (OLD) [LL-NSW-PR-642]
- Settlement Statement [LL-QLD-PR-309]
- Settlement Statement (OLD) [LL-QLD-PRP-276]
- Statement of Adjustments [LL-VIC-PR-509]
- Statement of Adjustments (OLD) [LL-VIC-PR-045]
- Settlement Adjustment Sheet [LL-ACT-PR-314]
- Settlement Adjustment Sheet (OLD) [LL-ACT-PR-301]
- Settlement Adjustment Sheet [LL-TAS-PR-029]
- Settlement Adjustment Sheet (OLD) [LL-TAS-PR-027]
- Settlement Statement [LL-NT-PR-189]
- Settlement Statement (OLD) [LL-NT-PR-0135]
- Settlement Statement [LL-WA-PR-140]
- Settlement Statement (OLD) [LL-WA-PR-100]
- Settlement Statement [LL-SA-PR-131]
- Settlement Statement (OLD) [LL-SA-PR-0084]
The following form has been replaced by the relevant form above:
- Settlement Adjustment Sheet_2x [LL-NSW-PR686]
The Settlement Adjustment Sheet forms have also been shortcut to each states’ and territories’ Settlement Documents folder within the Business & Franchise > Purchase/Sale of Business and Business & Franchise > Agribusiness > Sale/Purchase of Rural Property folders.
Updates have been made to the VIC Quick Calculator and the Conveyancing details table in VIC Conveyancing & Property matters to reflect the newly introduced (temporary) land transfer duty (stamp duty) concessions for new residential property within the City of Melbourne local government area with a dutiable value up to $1 million as well as the new premium stamp duty rate for property transactions above $2 million.
The new concession (applicable to contracts entered into on or after 1 July 2021 and on or before 30 June 2022 and where properties have been unsold for less than 12 months) and exemption (applicable to contracts entered into on or after 21 May 2021 and on or before 30 June 2022 and where properties have been unsold for at least 12 months) can be calculated by selecting the relevant options now available.
VIC Quick Calculator
Conveyancing details table
Please ensure that the Contract Date has been entered in your matters (under the Calendar & Tasks tab) so that the correct amounts are calculated for the City of Melbourne LGA concession or exemption, or where relevant, the new premium stamp duty rate.