Client authorisation form (LL-SA-PR-0088) has now been added to the Verification of Identification folder for SA Purchase and Sale matter types.
Please note “Settlement Statement – NEW” (LL-SA-PR-0084) has been renamed to “Settlement Statement” (the precedent code has not changed LL-SA-PR-0084).
As the latest Settlement Statement (LL-SA-PR-0084) has superseded the old Settlement Statement (sale) (LL-SA-PR-0071), old Settlement Statement (purchase) (LL-SA-PR-0069) and the old Adjustment Statement (LL-SA-PR-0070) in the folder “Old – to be deleted 30 September 2015”, they have been removed.
The LTO fees tabs of the Legal Rates have been updated in accordance with the introduction of the South Australian Integrated land Information System (SAILIS) on 27 April 2015.
The form entitled ‘Contract for the sale of land – residential property’ (LL-SA-PR-0087) has now been added to the LEAP Property profile for South Australia.
The new South Australian Settlement Statement (LL-SA-PR-0084) has been released today.
It can be found in the LEAP Property forms folder and is available for both the Sale and Purchase matter types.
This Settlement Statement caters for Purchaser, Vendor and Adjustment Statements using the one form. Please read the Matter Guide for instructions on use.
Client feedback has been taken into consideration and there are a number of features and enhancements including:
- Information entered into the dialogs will be saved, operators can edit and modify items entered;
- Ability to switch between the Purchaser, Vendor and Adjustment Statements at any time;
- Ability to include/exclude individual items entered in any or all three Statements.
- Time Related Items allow for arrears and instalments paid when apportioning costs (if required);
- Water Usage has built in calculations to cater for the three tier charges;
- Water Usage calculations are calculated to five decimal places however the total is rounded to two decimal places;
- Multiple Water Usage adjustments can be added to the Settlement Statement;
- Lot/Unit entitlement can be applied to Time Related Items and Water Usage;
- General tab defaults include Discharge of Mortgage, Stamp Duty, Transfer Registration fees in any or all of the statements;
- The Discharge of Mortgage fee will default to the current Legal Rate held in LEAP, however you can enter multiple, as well as change the amount per Discharge of Mortgage (if different to current Legal Rate);
- Create a settlement cheque directly from a Time Related Item or enter your cheque requirements on the Cheques dialog. Important Note: Cheques are now to be entered into the Cheques dialog in the Settlement Statement;
- Ability to pre-save your own Miscellaneous items and their amounts for use in all statements created for your office;
- Together with the Settlement Statement ribbon, there is also a right click shortcut menu which can be used to access new items, edit existing items, exclude items or move items;
It is called Settlement Statement – NEW (the word “NEW” will appear in the name for a short time whilst clients make the transition from the old Settlement Statement to the new).
Due to the complex nature of the automation in this document non-Cloud users will need to run TWO online updates.
As this template is highly automated, it is not currently possible to apply a container for your letterhead. If you require your firm’s logo to appear on the printout you will need to modify the form and add your logo to the header or footer.
Please also read the Matter Guide to familiarise yourself with the latest South Australian Settlement Statement (LL-SA-PR-0084) as the old settlement statements:
- Settlement Statement (LL-SA-PR-0069),
- Adjustment Statement (LL-SA-PR-0070); and
- Settlement Statement (LL-SA-PR-0071).
will be deleted from LEAP on 30 June 2014.
Vendor’s Statement (Section 7) – Form 1 (LL-SA-PR-0073) has been updated. The change, in accordance with Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Variation Regulations 2014, is to the instructions to the Vendor for completing the statement.
A new folder called Stewart Title Insurance has been added to LEAP. It can be found in SA Purchase matter types and contains the following forms:
- Authority to act (LL-SA-PR-0079)
- Instruction checklist (LL-SA-PR-0080)
- Letter to client sending final policy (LL-SA-PR-0081)
- Letter to client sending policy confirmation (LL-SA-PR-0082)
- Suggested paragraphs for conveyancers (LL-SA-PR-0083)
Form 1 – Vendor’s Statement (Section 7) (LL-SA-PR-0073) has been amended in accordance with the Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Variation Regulations 2013.
LEAP Property Forms for SA has a new folder called Verification of Identification. This folder contains the following new forms:
- Agent’s certification (LL-SA-PR-0076);
- Annexure with representative or mortgagee verifier statement text (blank B1 Annexure form with verifier text) (LL-SA-PR-0077);
- Verifier’s statutory declaration (LL-SA-PR-0078).
With regards to the representative or mortgagee verifier statement, we have been advised by a representative at Land Services Group, Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure that from their perspective, currently there is no preference as to whether this statement is on the actual form or not. However, if it is not on the actual form, it must be on a B1 Annexure form so that it is still part of the document. Please note that in due course we will be adding this text to each LTO form, however in the meantime, we have included a blank B1 Annexure form containing the statements.
Some of the Property data entry forms have been reviewed, including the form used when searching for a matter using property information. This search should now work correctly.