LEAP has now added the Lexon Wills and EPA Risk Procedure Pack.
These documents are only available for Queensland clients and for use if your firm is insured by Lexon Insurance.
They are located in the LEAP Forms > Lexon Wills and EPA Risk Procedure Pack folder in the following matter types:
- Power of Attorney – one person;
- Power of Attorney – two people appointing each other;
- Wills – one person;
- Wills – two people appointing each other.
Some coding has been adding to these documents however please take note of the following guidelines for using these documents:
- Some notes and instructions are in Hidden Text and/or smaller font italics. You must have your Hidden Text turned on in Word to see the instructions in hidden text (File, Options, Display and ensure the tick is on for Hidden Text).
- Form Text fields are used to indicate where text is required to be entered or if an option is to be chosen. Press F11 on your keyboard to navigate to each field throughout the document.
- The instructions provided by Lexon on how to follow the prompts throughout the documents are shown below:
There are a number of different prompts you may see throughout the documents and each requires an action of some kind. Some need information added, some need to be removed. Below are some examples, with explanations for how they are to be used.
The Lexon Wills and EPA Risk Procedure Pack consists of the following documents that are all included in LEAP:
- 1 Estate planning checklist (LL-QLD-LWPA-001);
- 2 Initial contact checklist (LL-QLD-LWPA-002);
- 3 Will appointment checklist (LL-QLD-LWPA-003);
- 4 Will instructions checklist (LL-QLD-LWPA-004);
- 4A No immediate will acknowledgement (LL-QLD-LWPA-005);
- 5 EPA instructions checklist (LL-QLD-LWPA-006);
- 6 Will execution checklist (LL-QLD-LWPA-007);
- 7 EPA Execution checklist (LL-QLD-LWPA-008);
- 8 EPA Essential advice and understanding (LL-QLD-LWPA-009);
- P1 Letter enclosing costs agreement (LL-QLD-LWPA-010);
- P2 Letter chasing instructions (LL-QLD-LWPA-011);
- P3 Letter to doctor (LL-QLD-LWPA-012);
- P4 Letter re completion of work (LL-QLD-LWPA-013);
- P5 Letter to attorney re non-engagement (LL-QLD-LWPA-014);
- P6 Letter to client enclosing EPA (LL-QLD-LWPA-015);
- P7 Letter to client enclosing draft will (including FPA risk) Part 1 of 2 (LL-QLD-LWPA-016);
- P7 Practitioner notes – Family Provision Application Part 2 of 2 (LL-QLD-LWPA-017);
- P8 Letter to client’s accountant or financial planner (LL-QLD-LWPA-018).