The QLD Criminal Practice Court forms in LEAP have been reviewed and updated where required.
The Lexon Criminal Law Risk Procedure Pack is now available for use in LEAP. This pack contains the following documents:
1. Initial letter to client – Queensland Criminal Offences (LL-QLD-LCRIM-001);
1a. Criminal proceedings in the Magistrates Court (LL-QLD-LCRIM-002);
1b. Criminal proceedings in the District and Supreme Courts (LL-QLD-LCRIM-003);
2. Letter – plea of guilty – part 1 of 2 (LL-QLD-LCRIM-005);
2. Letter – plea of guilty – character reference – part 2 of 2 (LL-QLD-LCRIM-004);
2a. Guilty plea instructions (LL-QLD-LCRIM-006);
2b. Brochure – Pleading guilty (LL-QLD-LCRIM-008);
3. Taking instructions (LL-QLD-LCRIM-009);
4. Letter – trial preparation – part 1 of 2 (LL-QLD-LCRIM-011);
4. Letter – trial preparation – character reference – part 2 of 2 (LL-QLD-LCRIM-010);
4a. Brochure – going to trial in the Magistrates Court (LL-QLD-LCRIM-012);
4b. Brochure – going to trial in the District and Supreme Courts (LL-QLD-LCRIM-013);
5. Letter – completion of work (LL-QLD-LCRIM-014);
6. Letter – off risk (LL-QLD-LCRIM-07);
Court appearance form (LL-QLD-LCRIM-015);
Instructions concerning the giving and calling of evidence (LL-QLD-LCRIM-016).
For instructions on how to use the Lexon Criminal Law Risk Procedure pack click here
The following QLD Justices Act forms have been reviewed and, where necessary, updated:
- Form 1 – Complaint sworn (LL-QLD-CRIM-46);
- Form 2 – Warrant in the first instance to apprehend a person charged with an indictable offence or a simple offence (LL-QLD-CRIM-47);
- Form 3 – Complaint sworn and summons (LL-QLD-CRIM-48);
- Form 4 – Complaint general purposes made and summons (LL-QLD-CRIM-49);
- Form 10 – Summons of a witness (LL-QLD-CRIM-62);
- Form 27 – Notice of appeal to a District Court Judge (LL-QLD-CRIM-50);
- Form 27b – Notice of application for extension of time for filing notice of appeal to a District Court Judge (LL-QLD-CRIM-51);
- Form 27c – Application for bail in the District Court following a filing of a notice of appeal to a District Court Judge (LL-QLD-CRIM-52);
- Form 27d – Notice of application to strike out appeal (LL-QLD-CRIM-53);
- Form 27e – Notice of discontinuance of appeal or application (LL-QLD-CRIM-54);
- Form 27f – Notice of change of address for service (LL-QLD-CRIM-55);
- Form 85 – Application for a direction hearing (LL-QLD-CRIM-56);
- Acknowledgement of plea (LL-QLD-CRIM-57);
- Notice of intention to proceed via registry committal (LL-QLD-CRIM-58);
- Notice of intention to proceed via registry committal on amended substituted charges (LL-QLD-CRIM-59);
- Surety requirements registry committal (LL-QLD-CRIM-60);
- Application for rehearing or reopening (LL-QLD-CRIM-61);
- Application for a witness to attend before the court in a committal proceeding (LL-QLD-CRIM-74);
- Application for disclosure obligation direction (LL-QLD-CRIM-75);
- Application for alleging non-compliance with disclosure obligation direction (LL-QLD-CRIM-76).
The following forms have been updated:
- Form 26 – Notice of appeal or application for leave to appeal against conviction or sentence (for appeals other than under the District Court of Queensland Act 1967, s118) (LL-QLD-CRIM-18);
- Form 27 – Notice of application for leave to appeal under the District Court of Queensland Act 1967, s118 (LL-QLD-CRIM-21);
- Form 28 – Notice of application for extension of time within which to appeal (LL-QLD-CRIM-20);
- Form 29 – Notice of application for extension of time within which to file notice of application for leave to appeal under the District Court of Queensland Act 1967, s118 (LL-QLD-CRIM-19).
Application for a Protection Order – Form DV1 (LL-QLD-CRIM-64) has now been updated to version 2.
The 3 Traffic Offences matter types:-
Drink Driving; and
have now been moved to the Criminal & Traffic Folder.
The following QLD Magistrates Court Domestic Violence forms have been added to LEAP:
- Form DV25 – Affidavit (LL-QLD-CRIM-78);
- Form DV26 – Notice of change of address for service (LL-QLD-CRIM-79);
- Form DV27 – Application to withdraw domestic violence application (LL-QLD-CRIM-80);
- Form DV29 – Consent of litigation guardian (LL-QLD-CRIM-81);
- Form DV30 – Notice of filing of media exhibit (LL-QLD-CRIM-82);
- Form DV32 – Application to inspect and copy subpoenaed document (LL-QLD-CRIM-83);
- Form DV34 – Request to inspect and copy documents (LL-QLD-CRIM-84).
The following forms have been updated in LEAP:
- Affidavit of personal service – Form DV21 (LL-QLD-CRIM-71)
- Subpoena – Form DV22 (LL-QLD-CRIM-72)
- Request for subpoena – Form DV22A (LL-QLD-CRIM-73)
The Criminal Law matter types for Victoria and Queensland have been updated in order to improve the quality of information that can be recorded on the electronic matter and to maximise automation in forms and precedents.
Some of the most significant updates include:
- New and improved tables to record further details about the accused and charge details
- Simplified data-entry process for criminal matters that are appealed to a higher court; and
- The introduction of a critical date scheme to record important hearing dates and service requirements.
The relevant forms for each State have also been updated to reflect these changes, but will still integrate with your existing Criminal Law matter types.
If you have any feedback in relation to the updates please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more detailed information regarding the changes for each state, please continue reading below.
Form DV22 Subpoena (LL-QLD-CRIM-72) has now been updated to version 2.