PLA Form 7 – Notice to remedy breach of covenant (Property Law Act 1974, section 124) (LL-QLD-PR-306) has now been added to LEAP.
Following client requests, a new Loan Agreement matter type has been added to all jurisdictions and is located in the following folders:
- Conveyancing & Property > Mortgages > Loan Agreement (defaults to acting for the borrower)
- Other Areas of Law > Banking & Finance > Mortgages > Loan Agreement (defaults to acting for the lender)
Loan Details table
The loan details table has been created to specifically provide the necessary fields for no security loan agreement precedents. All these fields will automate into these precedents:
Guarantor’s subsidiary layout
When a card is entered in the guarantor’s table, a guarantor’s subsidiary layout will appear for completion. Again, all these fields will automate into the no security loan agreement precedents:
The following critical dates have been assigned as defaults to this matter type:
- Instruction date
- Loan agreement executed
- Date advance anticipated
- Funding date
- Final instalment due
- File review date
- Completion / Settlement Date
- Not proceeding date
Folders and Forms Added
The necessary LEAP folders have been created and/or shortcut to each jurisdiction (where applicable) including:
- Initial File Setup
- Verification of Identity
- Relevant Revenue Office
- Relevant Land Titles Office
- Legal Profession Uniform Legal Practice Rule forms
A new file cover sheet has been added for each jurisdiction as follows:
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-NSW-GEN-0082]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-VIC-GEN-039]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-QLD-GEN-027]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-SA-GEN-001]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-ACT-GEN-002]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-WA-GEN-007]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-NT-GEN-001]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-TAS-GEN-008]
If you would like to provide feedback on the new matter type, or request new forms or precedents, please email the content team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Statement water access and sewerage billing change
Some QLD Water Authorities have changed their billing method and will now charge in arrears for a specific period of time. It can be either a total amount or a daily rate for the stated period of time. The period of time will always be in arrears.
To accommodate the change we have added further billing methods to the Qld Settlement Statement Water Access & Sewerage dialog.
When you create a new Settlement Statement you will see the changes.
- Existing Quarterly method – there has been no change to this.
Per day in arrears – Charge
- Enter a charge for both water access and sewerage
- Enter the From Date and To Date
- Click OK
Per day in arrears – Daily Rate
- Enter a daily rate for both water access and for sewerage
- Enter the From Date and To Date
- Click OK
(Note: If you select Per day in arrears, only one of these methods can be chosen.)
It is now possible to re-order items entered. You can use the new up and down arrows on the right side of dialogs to move items. Please note however you can only change the order of items within its own set of items, ie – apportionable items can be moved up or down within apportionable items, nonapportionable within non-apportionable etc.
Please see the updated matter information sheet QLD – How to complete a Settlement Statement in LEAP Community for full instructions and further information on the new features. To provide feedback please contact email@example.com.
A new matter type has been released for Off the Plan which is located in the Conveyancing & Property folder > Property > Off the Plan.
This matter type is similar to the standard conveyancing matter types with the additions of the Development Details table and Off the Plan matter specific Critical Dates.
If you would like to provide feedback please do so here.
Two new information documents have been added to the Land Registry folder.
They are –
- Transfer – IMPORTANT INFORMATION – witnessing signatures on land registry forms (LL-QLD-NRW294); and
- Release of mortgage – IMPORTANT INFORMATION – witnessing signatures on land registry forms (LL-QLD-NRW293)
These forms contain information which is important for the witnessing of signatures on land registry forms. They have been created as separate documents as they do not form part of the lodged document for either the Transfer or Release of mortgage forms.
The Notice that attached to the QLD National Mortgage (LL-QLD-PR304) has been updated.
Lexon Checklist – Verification of Identity and Right to Deal or Entitlement to Sign (LL-QLD-CFL-130) has been updated and is now available in LEAP.
Form 20 – Identity – witnessing certification – outside Australia (LL-QLD-PR289) has been updated.
As advised in QLD Land Registry Alert 157, from 1 October 2019 there is no longer the option to lodge a Form 19 – Application for Certificate of Title and Form 17 – Request to Dispense (with production of a CT) is redundant.
As a consequence, these forms have been removed from LEAP.
The following Reference Schedules have been updated in LEAP:
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for commercial land and buildings (LL-QLD-PR100) has been updated to Eighth Edition;
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for commercial lots in CTS (LL-QLD-PR271) has been updated to Seventh Edition;
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for houses and land (LL-QLD-PR101) has been updated to Sixteenth Edition;
- Reference Schedule – QLD Contract for residential lots in CTS (LL-QLD-PR102) has been updated to Twelfth Edition.