Form 1 – Originating application (LL-QLD-LAC-001) has been updated.
Form 68 – Memorandum of agreement to dismissal of appeal (LL-QLD-UCP097) has been updated to version 2.
Form 19 – Affidavit of service (LL-QLD-IRC-108) has been updated to version 4.1.
PLA Form 7 – Notice to remedy breach of covenant (Property Law Act 1974, section 124) (LL-QLD-PR-306) has now been added to LEAP.
Form 10 – Application for administration guardianship appointment or review (LL-QLD-QCAT47) has now been added to LEAP.
The following QLD Land Court forms have been updated:
- Form 1 – Originating Application (LL-QLD-LAC-001);
- Form 2 – Notice of Appeal to the Land Court (LL-QLD-LAC-002);
- Form 3 – Notice of Appeal against the Valuer General’s Decision on Objection (LL-QLD-LAC-003);
- Form 4 – Notice of Appeal against a Categorisation Decision (LL-QLD-LAC-004).
The following Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) forms have been updated:
- Form 1 – Notice of Accident Claim Form – Non-Fatal (LL-QLD-PI-0001);
- Form 2 – Additional Information Form (LL-QLD-PI-0002);
- Form 3 – Report of Traffic Incident to Police (LL-QLD-PI-0003);
- Form 4 – Notice of Accident Claim Form – Fatal (LL-QLD-PI-0004).
The following new forms have been added to LEAP:
- Claimant Certificate (LL-QLD-PI-0012);
- Law Practice Certificate (LL-QLD-PI-0013);
- Medical Certificate (LL-QLD-PI-0014).
Early in the new year the Accident/Incident table will be revised and updated. Once this update occurs, all the MAIC forms will be re-coded to enable more information from the Accident/incident table to populate the forms.
Following client requests, a new Loan Agreement matter type has been added to all jurisdictions and is located in the following folders:
- Conveyancing & Property > Mortgages > Loan Agreement (defaults to acting for the borrower)
- Other Areas of Law > Banking & Finance > Mortgages > Loan Agreement (defaults to acting for the lender)
Loan Details table
The loan details table has been created to specifically provide the necessary fields for no security loan agreement precedents. All these fields will automate into these precedents:
Guarantor’s subsidiary layout
When a card is entered in the guarantor’s table, a guarantor’s subsidiary layout will appear for completion. Again, all these fields will automate into the no security loan agreement precedents:
The following critical dates have been assigned as defaults to this matter type:
- Instruction date
- Loan agreement executed
- Date advance anticipated
- Funding date
- Final instalment due
- File review date
- Completion / Settlement Date
- Not proceeding date
Folders and Forms Added
The necessary LEAP folders have been created and/or shortcut to each jurisdiction (where applicable) including:
- Initial File Setup
- Verification of Identity
- Relevant Revenue Office
- Relevant Land Titles Office
- Legal Profession Uniform Legal Practice Rule forms
A new file cover sheet has been added for each jurisdiction as follows:
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-NSW-GEN-0082]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-VIC-GEN-039]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-QLD-GEN-027]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-SA-GEN-001]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-ACT-GEN-002]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-WA-GEN-007]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-NT-GEN-001]
- File cover sheet – Loan agreement [LL-TAS-GEN-008]
If you would like to provide feedback on the new matter type, or request new forms or precedents, please email the content team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Statement water access and sewerage billing change
Some QLD Water Authorities have changed their billing method and will now charge in arrears for a specific period of time. It can be either a total amount or a daily rate for the stated period of time. The period of time will always be in arrears.
To accommodate the change we have added further billing methods to the Qld Settlement Statement Water Access & Sewerage dialog.
When you create a new Settlement Statement you will see the changes.
- Existing Quarterly method – there has been no change to this.
Per day in arrears – Charge
- Enter a charge for both water access and sewerage
- Enter the From Date and To Date
- Click OK
Per day in arrears – Daily Rate
- Enter a daily rate for both water access and for sewerage
- Enter the From Date and To Date
- Click OK
(Note: If you select Per day in arrears, only one of these methods can be chosen.)
It is now possible to re-order items entered. You can use the new up and down arrows on the right side of dialogs to move items. Please note however you can only change the order of items within its own set of items, ie – apportionable items can be moved up or down within apportionable items, nonapportionable within non-apportionable etc.
Please see the updated matter information sheet QLD – How to complete a Settlement Statement in LEAP Community for full instructions and further information on the new features. To provide feedback please contact email@example.com.
A new matter type has been released for Off the Plan which is located in the Conveyancing & Property folder > Property > Off the Plan.
This matter type is similar to the standard conveyancing matter types with the additions of the Development Details table and Off the Plan matter specific Critical Dates.
If you would like to provide feedback please do so here.