The form entitled ‘Notice of death by surviving proprietor‘ – Form 015 – (LL-ACT-LT-040) has been updated to version AF2018-34 and supersedes AF2018-10.
The following new form has been added:
- Application for removal of name suppression in the land titles register – Form 013–RNS (LL-ACT-LT-286)
The following forms have been updated:
- Application for a new certificate of title – multiple – Form 012-ACT (LL-ACT-LT-038)
- Application for new certificate of title – Form 011-CT (LL-ACT-LT-037)
- Consent to register – Form 042-C (LL-ACT-LT-062)
- Lease notification – Form 097-LN (LL-ACT-LT-268)
- Notice of appointment/retirement of trustee – Form 077–NT (LL-ACT-LT-097)
- Notice of change of address for service of documents for a body corporate – Form 039-CA (LL-ACT-LT-059)
- Transfer by power of sale – Form 018 (LL-ACT-LT-042)
The following forms have been revoked:
- Declaration by executor on a sublease – Form 066 (LL-ACT-LT-087)
- Declaration by executor on a mortgage – Form 071 (LL-ACT-LT-092)
The following changes have been made to this suite of forms –
- Notice to defendant (LL-FED-SEPA-01)
- Notice to witness (Section 31) (LL-FED-SEPA-02)
- Notice to witness (Section 41) (LL-FED-SEPA-03)
- Notice to respondent (LL-FED-SEPA-04)
- Notice to witness (Section 59) (LL-FED-SEPA-05)
- Notice to witness (Section 69) (LL-FED-SEPA-06)
- Warrant of apprehension (LL-FED-SEPA-07)
- Warrant of commitment (LL-FED-SEPA-08)
The forms deleted were as a result of the Service and Execution of Process Regulations 1993 being repealed.
The following new form has been added to the Verification of Identity folder in LEAP Forms:
- Identity – witnessing certification – Australian Embassy, Commission, Consulate – outside Australia (LL-ACT-PR-309)
The following new form has been added:
- Notice of discontinuance or withdrawal – Form 3.69 (LL-ACT-MC-0225)
The ACAT fees have been updated as at 1 July 2018.
The following fees have been updated as at 1 July 2018:-
- Magistrates Court fees
- Supreme Court fees
- Supreme Court registry fees
- Land Titles fees
Further fees will be updated as they come to hand.
The Content Team have added the following NEW critical dates to Calendar & Tasks in ACT general conveyancing matter types (i.e. all sale, purchase and transfer matter types) in Desktop:
|Building Inspection Due Date||Pest Inspection Due Date||Swimming Pool Inspection Date|
|Finance Due Date||Stamp Duty Due Date||Deposit Bond Expiry Date|
|Land Tax Clearance Cert Due Date||FRCGW Clearance Cert Due Date||Priority Notice Expiry Date|
|Special Condition Due Date||Subject to Sale Exchange Date||Subject to Sale Completion Date|
|Option Exercise Date|
While some critical dates may not generally relate to standard ACT conveyancing practices, they have been included at the request and benefit of our border clients.
Due to the complexity of separating the Completion/Settlement Date, there will be a further release for this in the near future.
To greatly assist your workflow, your can create “Recurring Task” templates or “Due Date Tasks” based on the critical dates entered within your matter (which integrate with Outlook). Tasks you can set from these Dates include, for example, Order Searches, Submit Requisitions on Title, Submit Transfer, Submit Settlement Figures, Book Settlement etc.
See LEAP Communities to create Recurring Task templates across your conveyancing matters so that these are created once and used on multiple matters.
See LEAP Communities to also create Due Date Tasks. Within the Task created, you can also:
- Assign a Task to other staff
- Add/record Time/Fee Entry
- Create and email Status Reports to staff
- Set a Follow Up
- Set Recurrence
- Assign to another Matter
- Mark Complete
Tasks created will appear in the Tasks List of the matter and will be crossed/grayed out when you mark them as Complete (to assist when you don’t have the physical file with you):
You will also receive ‘Task Due Notifications’ in your matter lists. These notifications are hyperlinks, therefore you can click on them and you will be taken directly to the Task itself in the matter:
For more articles regarding Calendar & Tasks see LEAP Communities.
NOTE: If you would like the new critical dates to appear in your “existing” matters, you will need to change the matter type to a different matter type, save, and then change back again to the correct matter type to “refresh” the critical date scheme.
Provide feedback on the new critical dates here.
The ACT Law Society’s Contract for Sale of Land has been updated to respond to the recently passed residential withholding tax changes, which take effect on 1 July 2018:-
- Contract for Sale – Residential (LL-ACT-PRS-308)
This version will be available to LEAP Desktop clients tomorrow and is available to V10 clients today upon running an online update.
The ACT Law Society advises a single page ‘patch’ is also available. For practitioners who are holding or have already issued (but not yet exchanged) versions of the 2017 Contract for Sale of Land, this ‘patch’ can be inserted, together with insertion of the 2018 version of the Schedule page, to ensure that these contracts comply with the new requirements from 1 July 2018 onwards, where these contracts are exchanged on or after 1 July 2018.
To read more and obtain the ‘patch’ document: https://www.actlawsociety.asn.au/news/new-contract-for-sale
The following ACT Land Titles forms have been updated:
- Application for name suppression in the land titles register – Form 050 NS (LL-ACT-LT-070)
- Application to register a crown lease – Form 031 ACL (LL-ACT-LT-053)
- Determination or surrender of a crown lease – Form 057 DCL (LL-ACT-LT-078)
- Notice of death by surviving proprietor – Form 015 -ND (LL-ACT-LT-040)
- Transfer – Form 52 T (LL-ACT-LT-072)
- Transmission Application – Form 032 TA (LL-ACT-LT-054)